1. Eligibility: The VISIT FLORIDA and Expedia “VISIT FLORIDA – Skip Winter” Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the United States (“US”), excluding residents of the state of Florida, who are the age of majority and at least twenty-five (25)years old or older at the time of entry. Employees of Expedia, Inc. (“Sponsor”),VISIT FLORIDA (“VISIT FLORIDA” and a “Prize Provider”), The Hertz Corporation (“Hertz”and a “Prize Provider”) and each of their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, prize suppliers and advertising/promotion agencies as well as the immediate family members (spouse, parents, siblings, and children, and each of their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and household members (whether or not related) of those employees, are not eligible to enter.
2. Entry Period: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 am PT on October 15, 2019 and ends at11:59 pm PT on November 15, 2019 (the “Entry Period”).
Entries submitted before or after the relevant Entry Period will not be eligible. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
3. How to Enter: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To enter the Sweepstakes, you must, at anytime during the Entry Period, complete the following steps:
a. Visit this landing page: https://www.skipwinter.expedia.com/; and
b. Follow the instructions on the page to complete the online entry form by providing your first name, last name, email address and zip code, and submit to receive one (1) entry in the Sweepstakes. Doing this confirms your acceptance of these Official Rules.
Note: All entries will have an equal chance of winning.
Failure to provide accurate and complete information will render the entry invalid.
Entries will not be acknowledged. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. If you attempt to obtain more than one (1) original entry by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations or logins, or through any other methods,Sponsor may exclude you from participating in the Sweepstakes. Participation is subject to Sponsor’s Terms of Service. When you enter, you are providing information to Sponsor.
4. Entry Requirements: Entrants may submit a maximum of one (1) entry per person during the Entry Period. You may only use one (1) email address to enter the Sweepstakes. Any entries in excess of the stated limitation will be automatically disqualified and the Sponsor may, inits absolute discretion, disqualify such entrant’s participation in theSweepstakes. Entries submitted by any other method other than the method listed above in Section 3 will be automatically deemed invalid and will not be entered into the Sweepstakes.Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means or practices, and entries by any means which subvert the entry process are void.
5. Random Drawing: On November 22, 2019 at 10:00 am PT at the ExpediaOffice, located at 1111 Expedia Group Way W. Seattle WA98119, Sponsor will select one (1) potential Sweepstakes winner in a random drawing (a “Draw”) from among all eligible entries received during the Entry Period.The odds of being selected as the potential winner depend on the number of eligible entries received.
6. Potential Winner Requirements: The potential Prize winner will be required to execute and return toSponsor a declaration of eligibility, a liability release (which releasesSponsor, VISIT FLORIDA, Hertz, their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability in connection with this Sweepstakes and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the Prize or any portion thereof) and where lawful, a publicity release within fourteen (14) days of date of issuance. If documents are not returned within the specified time period, prize notification is returned as undeliverable, Sponsor is unable to contact the potential winner or the potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate potential winner may be selected by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries received.
7. Winner Notification: Sponsor will notify the potential winner via the email address used at the time of entry. In the event the potential prize winner fails to claim his or her prize by December 6, 2019, or if there is a return of any notification as undeliverable, such potential prize winner will be deemed to have forfeited the prize and Sponsor will have no further obligation to such potential winner. If the prize is forfeited, the Sponsor will conduct a random draw from among all remaining eligible entries on December 9, 2019 at the same location as the original drawing to select a new potential winner. Such newly selected potential winner will be notified within two (2) business days of the drawing, using the contact details provided by that person when entering the Sweepstakes and will have until December 24, 2019 to claim his or her prize.
8. Prize: One (1) potential winner will receive a Prize (“Prize”) consisting of a trip for two (2) people to Florida. Trip includes round-trip economy class airfare for winner and one (1) guest from a major commercial airport near the winner’s home to their chosen destination in Florida and up to twelve (12) weeks vacation rental. Trip also includes one (1) $1,000 USD Simon Giftcard® and a rental car from Hertz. The prize may only be redeemed by the winner himself/herself plus one(1) guest chosen by winner and the winner and his/her guest may be required to present personal identification documents at check in to prove their identity.
Sponsor will work with winner to book vacation rental accommodations. Prize winner will receive a prize certificate by VISIT FLORIDA, who will then facilitate booking the flights with their in-house travel planner. Airfare has a maximum total budget of up to $1,400USD. Travel must be booked by January 3, 2020 and must take place by March 20, 2020 or the prize will be forfeited. The prize is subject to availability of flights and vacation rental accommodations on the winner’s preferred dates. The winner will need to confirm availability. Flights may include connections, are subject to availability, blackout dates and additional restrictions. Any difference between the stated value and actual value will not be awarded.
Simon Giftcard® will be mailed to Prize winner by VISIT FLORIDA after winner is confirmed.
Hertz Car Rental: Hertz will provide a up to 90 consecutive day car rental, valid 12/21/19 to 3/20/20 (ARV of the Hertz prize is up to $5,000). Hertz’s standard rental terms and conditions apply to the rental. The prize is nontransferable, and no prize substitution or cash redemption will be allowed. Hertz will work with the winner to book the rental car reservation. The vehicle type will be at the discretion of Hertz.
The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of Prize: up to $49,400 USD (up to $1,400 flights + up to $42,000 vacation rental; up to $5,000 car rental; and $1,000 Simon Giftcard). Actual value of a prize may vary based on destination, rates at time of booking and travel dates. Any difference between stated ARV and actual value will not be awarded.
Prize Winner and his or her guest must travel on the same itinerary and are responsible for obtaining any necessary documentation (i.e., valid visas, passports, etc.) prior to travel. Guest must be of legal age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence (and at least 18), unless the child or legal ward of a winner and must sign a liability/publicity release prior to the issuance of travel documents. If guest is a child or legal ward of the winner, winner must sign and return release on behalf of such child or legal ward.
Certain blackout dates and travel restrictions may apply. No cancellation of reservation or transfer of reservation to another date will be permitted after reservation has been made. A winner is responsible for paying any applicable federal, provincial, state, local, income and withholding taxes, if any, and any and all other costs and expenses not listed herein as being provided, including but not limited to all ground transportation, airfare if not included in Prize, luggage fees, hotel accommodations, meals, beverages, tours and excursions, hotel incidentals, souvenirs and gratuities. In the event that any tax withholding is required by law for a prize, winner authorizes Sponsor to make the corresponding deduction. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Sponsor will not be liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellations or delays. Sponsor will not be liable for any airline and/or vacation rental fees incurred as a consequence of changing or cancelling flight and/or vacation rental reservations. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes or prize components. Winner may not transfer, assign, or substitute a prize, or redeem a prize for cash, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value. Prizes are awarded “as is” without any warranty or guarantee, either express of implied by Sponsor. The prize is subject to and the winner must abide by the prize providers’ terms and conditions of booking, of carriage for the flights and of stay for the vacation rental.
9. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, proper play or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes; or (b) terminate theSweepstakes and award the prizes by random drawing from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received and combined up to the time of the termination. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and seek any and all remedies available from any individual who tampers with the operation of the Sweepstakes, violates these Official Rules, or acts in a disruptive or unsportsmanlike manner. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail or via the internet shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor. The Sweepstakes is subject to federal, state, provincial, and local laws and regulations, and is void outside of the United States and the United Kingdom and where prohibited.
10. Release andLimitations of Liability: Byentering, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, V, Hertz,their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of t officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”)from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation inthe Sweepstakes or receipt, use or misuse of any prizes and any portion thereof(including any travel/activity related thereto), including, but not limited to:(a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errorsrelated to computers, servers, providers, or telephone, or network lines; (c)any errors on the Sweepstakes site that may impact entry; (d) printing errors;(e) lost, late, misdirected, garbled, inaccurate, or undeliverable entries,trivia games or mail; (f) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes; or(g) injury or damage to persons or property. You further agree that in anycuse of action, in no event shall the Released Parties be liable forattorney’s fees. To the extent permitted by law, youwaive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to,punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
12. Disputes: You agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of Washington, USA.
13. Choice of Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligation of participant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Washington without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than that of the Entrant’s country of residence.
Notwithstanding anything elsewhere in these Official Rules, no person’s or entity’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence shall be limited in any way, and nor shall their ability for fraud or for any other matter where liability may not as a matter of law be limited or excluded. Where these Official Rules provide for discretion exercisable by a Released Party that could otherwise be capable of causing a significant imbalance in the parties’ rights and obligation here under, to the detriment of a consumer and contrary to the requirement of good faith, shall be exercised reasonably and in good faith.
14. Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Expedia, Inc., 1111 Expedia Group Way W. Seattle WA 98119. Prizes are provided by VISIT FLORIDA, Simon, and Hertz.
15. Results: The winner will be announced on the following Expedia subdomain: https://www.skipwinter.expedia.com/ (US).